Sunday 27 May 2007

Movers and Shakers

What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than with a good friend, eating yummy food in a quiet country cafe? Part way through lunch, a woman in her late 50's at the next table approached me about my incessant moving and jiggling of my crossed legs!!!! (I'm a fidget NO BIG DEAL!!!).

She told me (in total seriousness) that she too had been "afflicted" with this in the past and it could be as a result of a suppressed psychological episode from childhood or may be (in her case APPARENTLY) a dietary disorder. I replied to her (choking back my laughter) that yes, something psychological could possibly be the problem. I truly believed that I should have been born FILTHY rich and that working for a living totally SUCKED!! I mean REALLY!!!

As she left me, she advised I seek professional help from a naturopath or herbalist (both of which I think are pure quackery and a total waste of money!!!).

My friend shrieked with laughter when I told her what just happened. At which point, we ordered a bottle of bubbly and proceeded to drink that with a totally decadent piece of chocolate brownie!! The bouncing and jiggling of course got worse than ever!!!!!

Some people just need to loosen up!!! I know I jiggle and fidget and can't sit still but I know plenty of other people who are worse than I. SO WHAT - I was told by a fitness instructor recently that it all burns calories - SO THERE!!!!

No comments: